Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A much much sadder day!!

I always think of a prophet to live forever, especially the one I grew up with. Ryan and I were at Gentri's New Beginnings for YW and Ryans sister got a text from my nephew (his friends dad is in the stake pres. and knew right away when he died) saying prestident Hinckley just died. I got teary eyed and just couldnt believe it. We had to sit through the rest of the meeting being the only ones in the room knowing that the Prophet just died. Right when we got home I turned on the tv to see if it was true and sure enough the Special Report on channel 2 was on. I knew it was coming soon, because he was getting so old, but I just never thought it would actually happen. I am so happy for him that he gets to be reunited with his sweet wife. He missed her so much and you could tell. I'll miss all his funny stories and his hilarious comments and gestures. My favorite was him and his cane, he always did the funniest things with that cane. I'm so thankful for all he did for our Church and its members. He will truly be missed!

2 comments:

dustin and amy said...

Is this Mindi Macdonald from El Paso? I'm Amy Johnson cousins with the Larson's/Taylors, Melanie, Selle, Jen, Rachel, Travis, Ty. I use to date your brother Kenny and get perms from your mom! Let me know if this is you, I would love to see how your family is doing. Leave a comment on dnajohnson.blogspot.com

dustin and amy said...

Thank you so much for your complements! I will deffinately check out your family site. Does Kenny have a blog? I would love to see how his family is doing.