Thursday, January 17, 2008

His OWN room!




I finally put Preston in his own room on Jan. 11th. 8 months later...... I was kinda sad, actually I was really sad!! Daddy was happy and was finally glad to sleep! I just miss having Preston in a bed next to me, so that I can see him all night and check on him, I'm super paranoid.
Preston has done so well in his own room in his big crib. The first night he woke up and I went and checked on him and gave him his pacifier, then he woke up again and I told myself I had to let him just cry himself back to sleep and he did. The next couple nights he only woke up once and then this tuesday he woke up a whole bunch of times and ended up back in Mommy's room. But then it was amazing...the last two nights he has gone to bed at 9:00pm and won't wake up until about 9:00am. It was so nice to actually sleep all the way through the night and sleep in!!! and then, he still takes two naps during the day!! He is such a good baby boy!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh he looks so grown up after his hair cut and his room looks so good... it looks like you moved it since you should me.... So darling!!!! But how nice to sleep through the night now!!! Yipee-- welcome back to the world of more sleep! :) Lets get together sometime! It would be real fun! My sister sent your parents an inviation to come to Zach's blessing on Sunday... If you can-- you should come!
Love ya

Julie said...

You lucky lady. I think Kelson will be in my bed til he's 9.

The Morgans said...

We put Cambria in her own room when she was about 8 months too, because she would hear Aaron snore and it would make her wake up like every 20 minutes. I was kinda upset because it was the farthest away from our room, and at first I checked on her about 20 times a night. I knew she was ok but i kept thinking what if... now she has been sleeping all the way through the night except when she gets a molar coming in, it makes her have a fever.

Julie said...

Hey...where'd you get the sweet background?? I couldn't resist calling that on layout Mindi. I can't see pink and black dots and not think of you.

Melanie and Jarom said...

I found you! This is Melanie (used to be Taylor). I can't believe you have a son! So cute! Please tell your mom how I've missed her and I hope she is doing well! Here is my blog address with links to all my family (except the twins)... melnjarom.blogspot.com