Monday, April 27, 2009

My Baby is 2!!

Happy Birthday Preston!!


My little boy turned 2 on April 21st. I can't believe he is 2 years old already, it goes by so fast! He is certainly acting his age and being a little monster at times, but he is also still a very good little boy. I have been very lucky!! Preston's birthday was on Tuesday but there was too much other stuff going on with family that it was easier to have everyone over on Wednesday. So, on his "real" birthday I took him to the dollar store and picked out a little toy truck and a balloon. Then after his nap we played outside all day.

On Wednesday night our families came over for cake, ice cream, and presents. He was sure spoiled!! His big gift from Mommy and Daddy was an antique John Deere Tractor Tricycle. Ryan and I bought it around Christmas time at a antique store, but saved it til now. It needs some fixin', but Daddy hasn't gotten to that yet. I attempted to make him a little farm cake...so it had crushed oreos that I thought would look like dirt, but it looked more like manure; that's ok cuz it was a farm and it had pigs, cows, horses, and tractors on it. It was kinda lame, but he loved it and that's all that mattered! Preston was sure what to think at first when we all started to sing Happy Birthday to him, but then he realized everyone was watching him and so he started to pose by his cake and make the cutest little faces. He liked all the attention!! Then when he opened all his gifts he made sure to hold them all up so that everyone could see. When we brought in his tractor he had the biggest smile on his face and got right on it! He LOVES it!! Of course he is still a little too small to actually ride it by himself, but he still loves to sit on it and push it around. That whole night and the next morning he didn't want to get off of it. He loves to sit on and get his tools("ugh ugh"-grunting sound means tools)and "fix" it. Hopefully the sun will come back out soon and we can take it outside and have some fun!! I'm so thankful for Preston and the joy he brings into my life. He is so funny and makes my day! I love you baby boy!!!





2 comments:

Rachel said...

CUTE! Happy birthday Preston! and we didn't get to see you last weekend!! sad!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Time sure does fly! Looks like he had a lot of fun. Sorry we missed it