Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things....

So Julie tagged me.... here is how it got started...



Tanya Purcell came up with a great idea. Here is her idea:Whenever Oprah does her ‘Favorite Things’ show, I am always curious about the things she chooses and why. The best part of her ‘Favorite Things’ show is that she shares them with others! Well, the other day I thought to myself, “I don’t have to be Oprah to have ‘Favorite Things’. I started to think about the day to day things that I have or use that bring me some form of enjoyment. I thought it would be interesting to find out the ‘Favorite Things’ of my friends and family too. So here it goes…If money were not an issue and you wanted to load up a basket of your most ‘Favorite Things’ and give it to your friends, what would you choose and why? During your day to day life, are there things that you use each day that make you smile or feel good? Is there something that you look forward to everyday? It can be something simple, like the type of pen you use or something big like the type of car you drive. I will list my ‘Things’ and then I will tag a few of you to do the same thing. here they are in no particular order...



My new Dell computer. Ryan got it for me for Christmas and I LOVE it!! It's so fast and so easy to use and the screen is so big. It's so much easier to update my blog and download music on a faster computer. It makes it fun.





My Canon Powershot S 3IS Camera. I LOVE THIS THING!!! I'm constantly taking pictures and videos of Preston. It has so many features that I will probably not ever know how to use, but the ones I do know how to use are awesome. It takes wonderful pictures!


My Cricut machine is another one of my favorite things. Although I wish I would just sit down and scrapbook more...it does make it so much more fun to scrapbook. It has tons of cute fonts and shapes that just help make the page so much better and easier to make.





Mango-Mandarin Bath and Body Works body wash. This is the only body wash (not necassarily the scent) that I have found that doesn't make me itch or break out in some kind of rash. Bar soaps and other body wash cremes just don't do it for me. This makes my skin nice and smooth. If I can't find it in the Mango-Mandarin scent, I usually get the Raspberry Vanilla.


L'Oreal Bare Naturale Make-up. I have been wanting the Bare Mineral Make-up from tv, but I just couldnt see spending so much money on make-up that I would run out of and then have to buy again. So, I found pretty much the exact same stuff for WAY cheaper. I love it, it makes my skin look so smooth and it lasts all day.




My 2004 Nissan Maxima is also so great!! It's got bum warmers, steering wheel warmer, its big inside, and its just really, really nice.


and my most favorite thing.....


...Is my sweet, precious baby boy Preston. All I do everyday, all day is play with him and watch him and laugh my head off at all the silly things he does. At night when I put him to bed I miss him, I cant wait until the next day comes so that I can play with him and see what new thing he does next. He makes me laugh, smile, and cry....he's just the greatest thing in the whole world and I would rather have him than all the other "things" in this world.


So there are my favorite things...I couldnt really think of much. Now I tag----Amanda and Kelsey


6 comments:

The Morgans said...

I use that same makeup too! I can't spend as much on makeup here as I did in vegas. I actuslly like it better than bare minerals, it stays on longer and looks better! My friend here that does hair and makeup recommended it for me. You have that car?? Why haven't I seen it? This is ridiculous, we all live pretty close... when it gets a little warmer we will have a girls shopping day.

Amanda said...

Hey!!! Yeah we need to get together.... I leave for El Paso on Monday so probably at the end of March or beg of April would be best.... Yeah everyone can come up to my house.. We can put the babies on one room to sleep and we can all sleep on the floor or whatever... Sounds fun to me-- lets get thing planned! look at your Calander for March 28th,29th-- thats a Friday and Saturday... But lets just plan it you and I and send out invitations!

Andy, Suzette,Addie,Jack said...

Ohhhh MINDY!!!! I am jealous of your camera. Lately I have really been wanting a NICE one. I am so interested in photography right now. How silly is this.. the other day we went to the library and i checked out 7 books hoping to improve my camera skills.I am a nerd i know. Ps i have seen that make-up, but wasn't sure that i believed it was as amazing as they claimed, but now that you LOVE it i will have to give it a whirl for sure!!!!

Andy, Suzette,Addie,Jack said...

oh, if you feel like swimming this week just give me a call. Addie and I are always up for a good swim with friends!!!!

Tonya said...

Mindi! I'm so happy to have your blog site again. It's so cute! I've been a major slacker latley, so I'll try to post more often. I'm excited to see you tonight it's been way too long!

Tonya said...

Hey! I hope you guys have fun in Vegas! Sorry that Friday is the only day that worked out for swimming this week, we'll for sure go again next week when you're back.