Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Clear Creek

So this past week Harlee got to go to Clear Creek Camp. She begged us to let her go...and she is such a good helper with the boys and with everything around the house, that she really deserved to go. We couldn't tell her no...so she had been saving and earning money towards the end of the school year to be able to pay for half of the camp. It's about a week long over-nighter with other 5th graders from the school district. The week she went was all girls, and she had a blast!! She took about 200 pictures with Gentri's camera that Gentri was so nice to let her take. (I will try to just pick a few) She told us all about what she learned and about all the history of the campsite. I personally have never been there, but Ryan went when he was younger. It looks awesome! Gentri wasn't able to go in her 5th grade class but wants to be a camp counselor next year after she turns 14. I think that would be really fun for her and I hope she is able to do it. Harlee also got a couple awards while there...one for making her plant book right(something like that) and for catching the most PotGuts(a squirrel like animal without the bushy tail). I'm so glad Harlee got to go and have so much fun and such a good experience. I wish there was stuff like that when I was in school.

Here are a few pictures...

4 comments:

Brad and Jana said...

I went to Clear Creek and loved it! I am glad she got to go!

Dan and LaVon said...

Oh that brings back great memories. I was so lucky to spend an entire summer there after my senior year as a camp counselor. Such FUN!!!

marimom said...

what a neat experience for Harlee! She is such a good helper, she deserved it for sure! I hope Gentri can go do the counselor thing too!! Great pictures...great memories!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I loved Clear Creek.