Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Preston Leonard Wendel is One Year Old!!


Preston's first birthday was so fun! I was excited and sad at the same time. We went to McDonalds for lunch and he ate a half of a cheeseburger, usually he just wants the fries, but this time he only wanted the cheeseburger. Then for dinner he ate a whole slice of pizza and a whole bowl of applesauce (which he loves and I made it..ha ha). AND then.......the party started. We just had family over and it was so fun! My mom made Preston a blue #1 cake. Preston had no idea what was going on, he just knew everyone was watching him pick at his cake. I wasn't sure if I wanted to put a candle on the cake because I knew he would grab for it, but Ryan wanted one on it so we put one on. Well, yup...he grabbed for it and Ryan yelled "no!" and pulled his hand back and of course Preston thought he was in trouble and screamed and wanted nothing to do with the cake. Finally, after my mom and Heather let him taste some of the frosting, he was more interested. He kind of just poked at it a little bit at first, but then he just started to dig in. He was sliding his foot across the top of the cake, grabbing at it, and then he had an itch on his leg and he scratched it with a frosting covered fingers, so then he had the sticky sticky frosting everywhere! It was so cute!! He didn't like the actual cake on his hands so he would fling it off, but he loved that blue sticky frosting! After he had quite a bit, it was ready for a bath. We had to wrap him up in a towel to get him upstairs, but then the towel was stuck to him. Marimom gave him a nice warm bath and he was pretty much pooped after that. He had a long day and a tummy full of cake, he was ready for bed. He got so much stuff, you would have thought it was Christmas. Most of the stuff I gave him, I had bought awhile ago and just decided to wrap them up. He got a Little People Farm, books(his favorite), clothes, pjs, a boat for the bath, Diego Sippy Cups, a Diego toothbrush, a Backyardagains Movie, a little push mower, and then my mom made him a Raggedy Andy Doll and my mother-in-law made him a hanging for his wall that says his name and birthday (way cute!). I would say he did pretty good! I just can't believe my little precious boy is already a year old. I'm so thankful that I was blessed with Preston. I'm thankful that he is such a healthy, happy, silly, loving sweet boy!! I love being his mommy and I love him so much!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

I can't believe he's already 1!!! Happy Birthday Presto Chango! This post makes me sad to read and look at cause I wish I was there so bad!! I can't wait to see this boy again!

Anonymous said...

I wish you were here too Ju-Ju Bee, with your kiddos and Jerm too. It was a way fun party annd Presto Chango was lovin' it....wish you could have been here. I loved the slide show Mouse, such a cute boy!!

Brad and Jana said...

He is so cute! I can't believe he is one. That went so fast!

Andy, Suzette,Addie,Jack said...

Happy Birthday Preston!! Holy Cow time really goes by fast dosen't it!! Does it sounds weird to day he is One.. it was so weird for me to say I had a one year old.We need to go swimming or hang soon.

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Preston!!! Its looks like he had a great party!!! I need to come see him soon, oh and you too Mindi... So will I be seeing you at Brenna's reception on Friday?? I sure hope so!!! Anyways--- keep me posted, and don't be jealous of my Nsync.... You know you love it!!!

BYE BYE BYE!!

Tonya said...

Hey!! I've missed you guys a ton! I stayed at my parents house almost all week because Jake was taking a ton of tests and I didn't want to just sit home. We for sure need to get together soon!! Hope you had fun in Colorado. :)