Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!









The first night we were in Vegas we went to downtown-Freemont Street. It was so much fun! We had never gone before because we just always forgot, but it was really cool. We stood for about an hour and half and watched this guy paint pictures with spray paint cans and then he used poster board, paper towels, phone book pages and just different types of things, he never used a paintbrush. It was amazing! Then they had this Russian group that did tricks. (thats what the video is of) They were way cool....I can't imagine trying those flips like that girl for the first time...I wonder how many times she's hurt herself. Freemont street also has this huge movie screen that acts as a roof all the way down the street and they have cool 3-D type shows with music throughout the night.


Other nights we were there we just walked up and down the strip and went to all the different little shops. We also went to an Outlet mall, not too many acutal "outlet" prices, but it was fun (of course for me it was...shopping, I love to shop!)


Sorry you will have to watch the video side-ways. I thought I fixed it, but I guess not...and it took too long to load, so I'm not trying again.






The last night we were there, I finally got up enough courage to go on the BigShot ride at the very top of the Stratosphere. When the ride shoots you off, you end up being about 1,100 feet in the air.....Ok, actually....I was kinda mad at Ryan, I really didn't want to go but he said "oh you'll be fine". My stomach hurt and I was just scared. Ryan is terrified of heights, well at least he says he is, but he loves amusment park rides. He had already been on the BigShot 2 times before on other trips to Vegas, but I always wimp out and say no, so finally this time I said I would do it, but only at night. I figured if Ryan has done it, I can do it...I'm usually not too scared of heights or rides, I love them. And....I LOVED this one too. It was so funny because before the ride Ryan was the one who was like "oh its fine, its not that bad" and right after the ride took off Ryan was saying "ok, ok, i'm done, this is enough!!!". And I was the one saying "Again, again". Both of our legs were shakin so bad afterward we could barely walk. The view over the strip was so pretty with all the lights....we sat in the viewing area just to enjoy the view for a little bit. (its about 800 feet up where they have the leaning windows so when you look out, its pretty scary.)



And then of course I got a purse.....I had to do some begging to Ryan, so I got an early Mother's Day present. I have always wanted the big name designer purses, but I just can't see spending that much on a purse. I keep saying I would save up for one, but everytime I try I just realize I could buy so much more. So I go for the fake ones that look like the real ones....when Heather and I were in New York a couple years ago we bought a couple different "designer" purses for cheap. They are just the knock-offs, but they still look real because they still have the right spelling and everything. But New York is the only place I knew of that you can usually get those purses, but I found a place in the Stratosphere where this girl sells them. So, I got me a Coach bag! It looks completely real, I can't tell the difference, because we even went into a real Coach store and it looks the same to me, just the price tags are way way different. It looks more real than some of the ones I got in New York. I love it!!! It was WAY cheaper than the real ones, but Ryan still couldn't believe how much he spent on it. Thanks Ryan...I love you!!

2 comments:

The Morgans said...

It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I miss Vegas because it is fun to walk around and it is already warm there, but I don't miss living there. I remember that guy on Fremont, we went when it was really hot outside with Brenna and Corey and stood and watched that guy for a long time. They have remodled Fremont and it is supposed to be a lot nicer but we never went back to see it. There is supposed to be more lights and stuff. I never went on the rides on the stratosphere, I am too chicken, but I did go on the New York rollercoaster and I will never do that again! Aaron starts his new job in Idaho Falls on the 31st!! YAY!

Anonymous said...

It's official!! You have totally lost your minds....riding on that ride!!! Ryan cannot be terrified of heights if he got on that thing even once...much less three times. Y'all are C-R-A-Z-Y!!!