Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Our Las Vegas Temple Trip.....


Ryan and I went to Las Vegas this last weekend just to get away and be together. It was so much fun!!! Preston stayed at Marimom and Poppy's (my parents). They loved having him there...but Ryan and I missed him so much!! But it was nice to just do things just us two and be able to sleep in...haha, sorry mom.
Well, I guess there was one part that wasnt so much fun, it was really scary for me and Ryan...we went to the temple on Saturday morning. We wanted to do a sealing session, I felt fine all morning but as we got through a little bit of our session, I started feeling really dizzy, I was really uncomfortable and getting really hot and the next thing I know I am being woken up by one of the temple workers and told that I just fainted and hit my head really hard. (I have fainted a few times before, but usually I wake right up and I feel fine) This time it really scared me. First, I felt bad for ruining the temple experience for us and the others, but I also was just really scared, I started crying. I had barely missed hitting the corner of the chair leg and smacked my head pretty hard on the floor. When I woke up Ryan was right there holding my hand. He told me that all the sudden while we were doing the sealings I looked up with an awnry look on my face and then all of the sudden my eyes rolled back and I passed out. It scared Ryan to death, but he never left my side the whole time. He held my hand the entire time, I loved it and it made me feel better. One of the temple workers in our session was/is a doctor. So am thankful that he knew everything to do and what to look for. They made me lay there for a while and then had me get up, but I still was really pale (Ryan said I looked more green than pale) and my pulse was really irregular so they made me lay back down. After a little bit they got a wheelchair and took me down to the little first-aid room where there was a bed and made me lay there for about an hour. The doctor wanted to check on me before we went home. Then they had us go down and eat some lunch and I was feeling much better. They even made me sit in a wheelchair the whole time, Ryan drove around to the back and picked me up. I felt so silly, but they were just taking care of me so well. I felt fine the next couple days, other than my head being sore and I kept getting little headaches throughtout our whole trip, but thats nothing new. So needless to say, I'm gonna be going to the doctor soon to get my blood checked. It was kinda funny though, the first thing they asked was if I was pregnant...and NO i'm not. They think I'm just anemic, which I probably am- so I need to go get something to help with that. Other than that we did have fun, I'll post some other things from our trip too.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Man! I'm so bummed. I thought you were going to make some kind of announcement :(
Oh well, I'm glad you're ok!

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh I am so sorry that happened!!! How scary--- but what a good place to be for that to happen, you know what I mean-- in the temple where you will be taken care of!

The Morgans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Morgans said...

MINDI! How scary. I remember you always getting headaches when we were little. Maybe you have the same thing Bailey did and you should always carry around granola bars or something. Or maybe you don't drink enough water, or do you lock your knees when you stand? I hope when you go to the doctor they can figure it out. I miss that temple. I have a picture of it from the same angle you took yours. We lived on the complete opposite side of Vegas, it took us almost 40 min to get to the temple. It is weird to think that from our apartment we could see where the temple was, but from Blackfoot if I drove 40 minutes I would be in Rigby!

Andy, Suzette,Addie,Jack said...

MINDY!!! That is crazy! I hope you are okay. That was lucky that a Doctor was near by.